Today is Earth Day and whether you consider yourself “crunchy” or not, if you love our planet like we do, we all can work together to make small changes to clean up our beloved planet. At EcoTurf, we take environmental stewardship seriously in our professional and personal life. Here are some of the changes we have made in our family to be good stewards of this amazing Earth, we get to call home.
- Plant drought tolerant flowers, shrubs and grasses–which will reduce the amount of watering needed and is more compatible with Colorado climate and soil. I don’t mean xeriscaping but pollinator friendly blooming species.
- Practice water conservation by utilizing cycle and soak method to reduce run off.
- Sign up for our EcoSaver Irrigation Maximizer Program which reduces irrigation costs up to 40% per season.
- Use your grass clippings in your yard instead of throwing them away. (See my other blog post about minimal maintenance gardening here.)
- Recycle more than you throw away
- Plant a garden
- Turn off lights when you leave a room.
- Install solar lights for the outside of your home. (Love the savings and better and better ones are becoming available.)
- Pick up litter when you walk your dog. (My kids love to do this!)
- Buy in bulk to reduce packaging.
What ways are you making changes to keep our Earth beautiful? Share your ideas in the comments below!